VEHICLE SAFETY & EXTERNAL SITE PROGRAM LEAD (APAC regional role)
Our Client is a world leading organization with more than 150,000 professionals in 70 countries and draws together the worlds of food, agriculture, and nutrition and risk management. Their annual sales and revenue exceed US$ 130 billion. They are widely diversified and their major market segments include agriculture and food and energy and natural resources. Some of their major businesses include the trading and distribution of agricultural commodities, manufacturing and sale of livestock and feed, trading in energy, steel and transport, and the production of food ingredients. They also provide risk management and financial solutions to both their customers and their own businesses. They are currently undertaking a regional EHS Transformation and accordingly seek a Vehicle Safety & External Site Program Lead to drive APAC-wide EHS programs relating to vehicle safety, non-operations (offices, commercials) and external operations (tolling, third-party locations). The role will also work closely with EHS Sub-Regional Leads for crisis management handling.
Role purpose: To drive APAC-wide EHS programs relating to vehicle safety, non-operations (offices, commercials) and external operations (tolling, third-party locations). The role will also work closely with EHS Sub-Regional Leads for crisis management handling, across APAC.
· Lead vehicle safety/non-ops/office best practices identification, refinement and implementation across sub-region within APAC.
· Work closely with EHS Sub-Regional Leads to monitor the effectiveness of non-ops programs and share the results regionally and globally
· Coordinate a regional emergency response plan, working closely with sub-regional and business leaders and other stakeholders (communication, HR, Legal, government relations)
· Bachelor degree or equivalent preferably in science, engineering or EHS.
· 8+ year experience in vehicle safety operations, health and safety or environment health and safety
· 5+ year experience in developing, deploying and implementing transportation based health & safety policies and standards
· Experience working in a complex matrix organization and multicultural environment
· Demonstrated global acumen at all levels of the organization and an ability to build trust with leaders and establish credibility within the organization to drive change
· Strong change management skills and demonstrated experience implementing change on a large scale
· Ability and willingness to challenge key stakeholders and to gain their buy-in to support change
· Proven experience managing 3rd Party resources to deliver business results
· Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Strong interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills
· Capacity to work within a virtual, global team environment
· Ability to work in a high energy, environment where resiliency and timely turnaround of quality work is essential
· Proven creativity, problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Self-starter with ability to work independently in an ambiguous environment
· Operations experience with demonstrated EHS leadership
· Experience operating in region for this role
· EHS management system experience
· Effective communicator with excellent presentation and stakeholder management skills
· Cross-functional understanding and ability to understand the bigger picture
· Ability to coach and to communicate across hierarchical levels
· Strong influencing and change management capability
· Ability to travel up to 25/30% of time
· Flexible, within APAC