TECHNICAL DIRECTOR (ASIA)
Our client provides enterprises with cyber security solutions by providing market-leading, threat-aware, identity, access and vulnerability management, and configuration hardening solutions in real time. Their market-leading, trusted products enable customers to manage access and identify vulnerabilities in real time in order to minimize risks and maintain continuous compliance.
Already utilized by more than 9000 corporate customers, our client, the inventor of file integrity monitoring (FIM), has a 20-year history of innovation. They are renowned for helping organizations, including half of the Fortune 500, achieve visibility across their networks, reduce their attack surfaces, and stay on top of suspicious changes to system and data integrity. Their award-winning portfolio includes configuration management, file integrity management, asset discovery, vulnerability management and log collection.
Due to expansion in Asia Pacific, they currently seek a Technical Director for their Asia Pacific business (Singapore based).The role is responsible for overseeing the technical support of company products and services in Asia, including pre/post Sales and professional service.
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR (ASIA)
About the Job
The Technical Director (TD) will be responsible for technically supporting company products and services in Asia, including pre/post Sales and professional service. The successful candidate will lead the technical engineering team and work closely with field sales, and other members, Value Added Resellers, customer service/technical support and various corporate key contributors. The individual will possess excellent people management skills and a pre-sales/sales/systems engineering and architecture background in enterprise application technologies and/or various software applications.
· Provide technical overview of our product architecture, functionality, system / data requirements, and integration with other enterprise applications
· Credibly describe and demonstrate our solutions such that prospects see their top-of-mind problems solved in both onsite and online (web based) venues.
· Ability to discuss and demonstrate how our client’s solutions map to Change Management processes and ITIL best practices within the IT service management framework.
· Develop customer specific technical product demonstrations and assist customers with growth and migration planning.
· Provide prospective customers with expert assistance in setting up and evaluating the software solutions within their testing and staging environments (Proof of concept and Pilot installations) and provide post-sales customer support.
· Act as a principal liaison to product marketing and product engineering in communicating customer requirements and information.
· Research competitors, stay current on the competitive landscape, work with the product marketing group to capture and document competitor’s capabilities and future plans.
· Must have strong virtualization experience as well as a thorough knowledge of cloud infrastructure.
· Stay current with the Operating systems and networking infrastructure that the client supports, e.g. Linux, AIX, HPUX, Solaris, Windows Server families/AD, and common networking infrastructure (Cisco, Foundry, Nortel, Alcatel, Nokia, etc.)
· Familiar with SQL syntax and implementation – (MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle etc.) Scripting knowledge is a plus.
· Participate in customer facing seminar presentations, speaker engagements, etc.
· Staff and participate in regional Tradeshows.
· Assist fellow SEs as needed in other Regions.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of attributes, education and experience:
· Education - BA or BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics desired.
· ITIL, CISSP, ISACA, GISA, CISA or CISM certification desirable.
· Must have prior pre-sales and systems level experience within an enterprise support model, application development a plus.
· Prior experience working with system integrators or value-added sales channels.
· Prior experience working in operations, project management, or planning for a major SI.
· The individual will possess a pre-sales/sales engineering background in applications with enterprise application technologies and/or various software applications.
· Analytical thinker with proven verbal and written communications skills including group presentation abilities.
· Strong interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and an ability to engage with customer’s technical staff and implementation groups.
· Sales evangelizing – general familiarity with the selling of system level products into enterprise accounts.
· Must be highly flexible and willing to travel frequently on short notice – up to 50% travel.
· Prior industry knowledge and the ability to adapt quickly to changing environments.
· Ability to lead as well as collaborate as part of a team.