Our client is a global manufacturer of cables, connectivity products and other electrical components. One of their brands specializes on the manufacture of broadcast and TV production equipment and software including media management systems, video editors, servers, encoders, storage systems, mixers, and routers. Their products and solutions are used by broadcasters and TV professionals worldwide.
They currently seek a fulltime Software Engineer to help develop video editing and video server systems. The engineer with join the STRATUS team and help develop media management solutions across all their platforms.
This position requires a hands-on engineer with strong engineering & programming skills and ambition to take on new projects, define & own what needs to be done, and see it through to conclusion.
The software engineer will have direct involvement in the main aspects of the software development lifecycle. The role involves close collaboration with the other groups in the company in order to deliver high quality solutions to our customers.
Candidates with the appropriate set of skills and experience might be considered at the senior level.
· Responsible for application design and development in partnership with technical architects.
· Implementation, code review, follow and ensure comply with the coding practices.
· Engineering test on the application, debug and troubleshoot until it produces the correct results with quality.
· Develop user support materials in partnership with technical writers.
· Provide maintenance support by investigating and rectifying reported systems shortcomings.
· Prepare, utilize and maintain unit tests to verify developed functionality
· Understanding of software development practices, including SDLC, development, testing and integration in Agile/Scrum environment.
· Work closely with people across geographies primarily in US, Japan and UK.
· Bachelor Degree in software engineering or computer science
· Minimum 2 years of development experience with .Net Framework, C#, HTML, Windows Service, WCF, WPF, MVVM, MSSQL server
· Familiar with Object Oriented Design and Analysis, Data Structures, Design Pattern and UML
· Experience debugging complex large-scale systems and applications on Windows platforms
- In-depth experience writing unit test using NUnit, Visual Studio, or equivalent.
- Experience using Windows server technologies such as IIS, WAS, and Active Directory.
- Experience in WCF, Web Services, REST, and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for writing quality software.
- Great accuracy and attention to detail in all aspects of software development.
- Knowledge of client-server protocols, architectural performance trade-offs of clusters, and fault tolerant systems
- Some knowledge of micro-services, containers, and cloud deployment a plus.
· Team player, proactive, motivated and good communication skills
· Analytical and strong problem solving skills.
· Passionate for continuous learning and adapt to fast-changing technologies and environments.