Our Client is the world’s leading producer of a chemical element/mineral resource that primarily improves the strength of steel and has many different applications. The nature of their business involves the extraction, processing, manufacturing and marketing of this chemical element, developing and providing technology for each application and final product. The task is to add value to the supply chain where the element is used. This element is widely used in structures for buildings, bridges and façades, structures of automotive bodies and also in superconducting magnets of MRI scanners and hot parts of aeronautic engines, to name but a few examples. They work closely with a variety of industries involved in steel production, welding, nuclear, and electronics, and dedicate their special attention to their customers, wherever they may be globally.
Due to expansion within Asia, they are seeking a Consultant – China Construction Ecosystem to join them in China to help promote the furtherance of the consumption of their product by collaborating with and influencing regulatory bodies and national standards associations, steel producers, end-users and construction industry advisors and service providers such as Architects and Project & Construction Managers by educating them as to the application benefits of high-strength steel.
CONSULTANT – CHINA CONSTRUCTION ECOSYSTEM
The role is responsible for interacting with the marketplace, especially with the regulatory and standards authorities and those establishing standards and quality measures for Steel utilized by the construction sector in China with the ultimate objective to help promote the furtherance of the consumption of our client’s products by collaborating with and influencing regulatory bodies and national standards associations, steel producers, end-users and construction industry advisors and service providers such as Architects and Project & Construction Managers by educating them as to the application benefits of high-strength steel.
This will involve providing technical advice to the regulatory bodies, researching local scenarios, and identifying market necessities and potentials. It will include building knowledge of market demand, market trends and competitor activity and establishing links with various agents in order to facilitate market awareness and potential new business.
It may also involve coordinating certification processes and technical projects between the Company, the regulatory bodies and standards authorities and Universities and Customers
- The Consultant will be a highly experienced expert in long and flat steel, ideally with a depth of knowledge in the field of micro-alloyed steel and its application in the construction sector.
- They will require a deep knowledge of the GB (GuoBiao) Standards, both Mandatory and Recommended, that apply to Steel, along with all other relevant technical regulations.
- They should have strong networks and connections within the China National Standards bodies such as the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (AQSIQ) and the Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development, The Ministry of Transport and the National Energy Administration.
- Having a good knowledge 3D Simulation and Finite Element Analysis would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills, ideally in both Mandarin and English.
- They should have strong people influencing skills
- Advanced Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Prior experience of collaboration with the Chinese regulatory authorities would be advantageous
- Knowledge of structural steel metallurgy would be advantageous
Experience & Technical Competencies:
- Solid knowledge of alloyed metals technology
- Ideally experience gained as a metallurgist or steel R&D specialist within the construction sector
- Able to develop clear and effective presentations of technical data
Behavioural & Leadership Competencies:
- Strong communication skills
- Results oriented
- Excellent adaptation skills
- Advanced relationship building skills
- Ability to work in line with company’s vision