Our client is a global science-based company in Nutrition, Health, and Sustainable Living with solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. Their business is centered around developing innovative solutions and large innovation projects addressing Nutrition & Health, Climate & Energy and Resources & Circularity to drive above market growth. They currently produce annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees worldwide.
Their nutrition business advocates healthy, enjoyable, and accessible food and nutrition solutions for all, produced and consumed, respecting the limits of our planet. They’re one of the world’s leading producers of essential nutrients like vitamins, carotenoids, nutraceuticals, and nutritional lipids; as well as solutions for the feed, food, pharmaceutical and personal care industries.
They currently seek an experienced Senior Account Manager manage and grow the Dietary Supplements sector within the Nutritional Products Oceania HNC (Human Nutrition and Care) business by ensuring continued development and demand of the company’s products and services through promotion, market research and customer support.
1. Managing Accounts
• Establish strong customer relationships across the market segments, while developing commercial opportunities, and value propositions, and leading project/ program activities to deliver and capture value.
• Use the CRM system to track the market, customer developments, and competitive information on a weekly basis.
• Develop and maintain key account plans for assigned customers.
• Set sales budget, using SAP system on a yearly basis.
• Achieve and if possible, exceed Sales budget.
• Commercial Management and responsibility for customer pricing in conjunction with commercial team colleagues.
• Co-operation with colleagues (e.g., Logistics, Customer Service, Credit Management) to ensure prompt and optimal service to customers (processing of orders, deliveries, debt collections).
- Coordinating Market Expansion Projects
• Implement market development projects according to agreed KPI’s.
• Use the CRM system to log and manage projects.
• Assess the potential in the marketplace and have the foresight to proactively spot gaps in the market.
• Represent the company with various Industry, Regulatory and Professional organisations. Developing positive relationships with appropriate Authorities and Opinion Leaders. Attendance at Industry events may be required, involving presentations on behalf of the company when necessary.
• Carry out necessary Research/ Reviews (e.g., various market segments) in support of our marketing, sales, and project activities.
• Assist the HNC Sales Director and Market Development Manager with projects, surveys, reports, and various tasks as required.
- Develop and Implement Marketing Activities
• Actively promote the Company and its Dietary Supplement products appropriately.
- Providing Technical Support
• Provide technical support/ expertise and is the main technical liaison in project development to customers and colleagues to support and develop the Australian Market.
• Keep current with scientific, regulatory, professional society and trade association developments.
• Providing unparalleled technical services to customers is crucial to retaining and developing businesses. These services include technical advice on the proper handling of our product forms in customers’ processing, stability data in different product applications, recipe formulating advice to mock-up sample presentation, etc.
• Prepare adequately and participate proactively in meetings.
• Understand and live the values of the team.
• Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to the product, process, and quality system.
• Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process, and quality system, using the Customer Complaints Report (CCR) System.
• Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through the designated channels to drive continued improvement and efficiency.
SHE (SAFETY, HEALTH, AND ENVIRONMENT)
• Always follow safe work practices / rules and practice safe behaviour, having regard to their own and others safety.
• Report all incidents and injuries promptly and accurately to management.
• Able to identify opportunities to grow the Dietary Supplements HNC business by meeting or exceeding Sales budgets/targets.
• Strong technical knowledge and the ability to support customer Formulation, Application and R&D departments in the sales process.
• Able to maintain professional levels of enthusiasm and energy in carrying out all tasks.
• Able to communicate professionally with clients (existing and potential) and colleagues.
• Able to keep abreast of legislation and new market developments.
• Autonomous and self-driven professional with ability to learn technical products and communicate them effectively.
• Min 8+ years’ experience in a similar role.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Experience in SAP preferred, but not essential.
• Full driver’s license essential.
• Passion for sales and a proven negotiator with ability to build rapport with customers and internal colleagues.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and believes that a brighter future is built on diversity. They are proud to offer equal employment opportunities and to be an affirmative action employer. That means that they consider applications based on how well suited you are for the role – regardless of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability.