Our client is the world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health. They are present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serve more than 3.6 million customers and patients. Their operations in Singapore date back more than 100 years. With an abundance of expertise, they support their customers in diverse industries through a unique blend of products, equipment and services.
THE JOB BRIEF:
Our client is looking for an experienced CATEGORY MANAGER – REAL ESTATE to join their changing and transforming APAC procurement team. They seek open-minded candidates with strong leadership and influential communication. The Category Manager – Real Estate is acting as the regional expenditure owner of Real Estate Category, and, he/she will:
- Drive category management to ensure the organization matches market benchmark in terms of best practices and technologies, in the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Be responsible for coordinating all external procurement activities for the category across APAC, including the development and implementation of category strategies (short, mid and long term) and plans to support designated APAC-wide strategic objectives.
- Support to promote internal collaboration, knowledge sharing, compliance with best practices and established category management processes.
Our client is driving its procurement transformation to improve corporate value to contribute to worldwide industries and human society more and more. Procurement is considered as a key enabler of Corporate Transformation by Best in Class business partnering, sourcing processes optimization, cost reduction and delivering innovation. To enable it, Procurement is also in the process of its transformation to be the Strategic Business Partner. This position is a member of APAC Indirect Category Management Team who is expected to have strong Strategic Business Transformation skill, Project Planning and Project Management skill sets.
DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Manage the Real Estate category across APAC Hub
- Market analysis and global benchmarking
- Internal and external status and data analysis
- End to end cost and business process analysis
- Development of business case
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement
- Demand management and specification optimization
- Project design and project management
- Supplier negotiation and contracting
- Supplier relationship management
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 5+ years working experience of successful category management and procurement within a global environment
- Proven experiences of Project Management and Change Management, Experiences in consulting firm is a plus
- Experiences in successfully leading and conducting the negotiation of contracts across technical, commercial and legal areas
- Proven experience in building and nurturing positive internal relationships with senior management, key users and business Stakeholders.
- Proven track record of consistent performance and delivery.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to champion the vision of the organization.
- Get prepared for internal resistances as we are in a changing and transforming APAC procurement team
- Mobility in terms of frequent travel – coverage of all APAC countries (12 countries).
- Embracement of changes, open minded with strong leadership, influential communication
- BA or equivalent advanced education
There are not any direct reports to this role. The role reports into Head of Indirect Category Management in APAC with 2 peer-Hub Category Managers
SPECIFICITIES FOR REAL ESTATE:
The client currently has more than 1,000 sites in APAC both leased and owned, such as offices, plants, warehouses, lands etc. Understanding the regulatory environment (labor health, safety & environment, firefighting, Finance) and business customs of individual areas and countries is essential.
Will work in collaboration with the Group Category Managers (a framework is existing and the use of a tool - Coster)
Will have to
- define and implement the strategies around e.g. lease vs own, management, maintenance etc
- select suppliers and contract with close collaboration with In-country, Hub and Global stakeholders
- supplier management in accordance with the defined strategies
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia