PRICING MANAGER – CHINA
Our Client is a world leading agricultural commodities producer, processor and trading house. They are one of the major players in the trading world. They provide innovative solutions to customers across major market segments; including agriculture and food and energy and natural resources. Some of their major businesses include the trading and distribution of agricultural commodities, manufacturing and sale of livestock and feed, trading in energy, steel and transport, and the production of food ingredients. They also provide risk management and financial solutions to both their customers and their own businesses.
PRICING MANAGER – CHINA
This position is to manage the development, implementation and execution on the new Strategic Pricing processes to achieve the targeted prices/margins. The Pricing Manager will also be responsible for coordinating the negotiations for the product lines in Food Ingredients business in China.
- Support the Food Ingredients Business China product line strategy execution through the different strategic pricing models.
- Support Commercial Director to develop and execute (through local commercial teams) the Long Term Contract strategy where required.
- Identify and execute on actions to improve profitability.
- Team with other subject matter experts to ensure changes result in sustainable value creation Leading and driving the following strategic pricing elements:
- Understanding and tracking competitive intelligence on costs, capacity and strategy
- Monitoring industry sales/capacity and other strategic pricing levers
- Recommending pricing moves and competitive responses
- Driving effective price communications
- Manage the strategic pricing process for the different product lines and thus support the achievement of 1) the different business (= mainly financial) objectives and 2) specific customer targets.
- Coordinating the negotiation for targeted product lines and markets, setting pricing policies and leading process and system improvements.
- Champion the ongoing pricing data effort to ensure leverage available data to make the most informed pricing decisions.
- Ensure development and implementation of the strategic pricing process.
- Optimize connection with adjacent commercial processes like customer segmentation and customer contact process, contracting etc.
- Maintain pricing subject matter expertise, staying abreast of developments and best practices
- University degree
- 5 to 10 years commercial experience in B2B international business environment
- Knowledge/Experience of a pricing process in a manufacturing company
- Strong end-to-end business knowledge
- Hand-on mentality, analytical skills and business development / project management skills
- Strong negotiation skills and relationship building capabilities
- Knowledge of costing models in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding / work experience of risk-management and tools
- Working across core business functions, such as , marketing, product-line management, operations, finance, sales
- Fluency in English is a must