Our client is a successful Real Estate Investment and Operating Company that is Singapore based and holds investments predominately in the shop house space with over 25 buildings and close to S$1 billion AUM. More recently the business has expanded to operate boutique hotels which they do in house. The company now employees more than 35 people, is well funded and is looking to expand. As part of this expansion they seek an accomplished Real Estate Investment professional to join their leadership team, and work closely with their CEO.
They strategy is to acquire properties for long-term cash flow and capital appreciation and to build a platform company aimed to have strong in-house expertise in operations, acquisition and asset management. Their investor base in Institutional and is strongly aligned to their long-term vision of growing the platform with an integrated portfolio and operating team.
The vision is to double their AUM within the next 2-3 years. The strategy may also include looking at the broader real estate market including retail, residential, hospitality and office (possibly industrial). They could also look at public to private, portfolio or multi asset deals which can provide overall strong cashflow and long term capital upside.
In order to be able to focus on this strategy of growth, they seek an experienced Real Estate professional ideally with 10-15 years investing within non-traditional and traditional asset classes with knowledge and understanding of platform (vs asset) investing. This person should have extensive experience in the Singapore Real Estate market and ideally with institutional background.
The individual should be sufficiently confident to present and lead a case for expansion of their platform through rigorous research and understanding of fundamentals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handle all areas of due diligence, acquisitions underwriting, deal modeling, deal structuring, financing, negotiation of deal terms and transition to the asset management group.
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships with owners of real estate, commercial real estate brokers and potential joint-venture partners.
- Market and pitch potential transactions to the CEO; present investment opportunities as required.
- Leveraging the company’s network of industry contacts, seek new transactions and work with a variety of sources to identify new investment and partnerships opportunities.
- Source investments of any property type, structure, or strategy in conjunction with portfolio appetite including single-asset acquisitions, development or portfolio acquisitions.
- Assist the CEO in fine-tuning the strategy to acquire properties for long-term cash flow and capital appreciation and to build a platform company.
- Assist with the Asset Management of portfolio properties as required.
- 10 – 15 years of real estate investment (sourcing and structuring) experience gained within the Singapore market place (ideally within deal values of between SGD 50-200 million).
- Strong local knowledge of the Singaporean real estate marketplace, across all asset classes.
- Bachelors degree required, Finance or Real Estate strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of investing successfully while displaying sound investment judgment.
- Possess strong market relationships including with a broad array of brokers and owners.
- Experience in originating individual and portfolio transactions directly and through joint venture partners.
- Strong communication and negotiating skills.
- Understanding of risk management, portfolio diversification, and asset management.
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical ability including underwriting and financial analysis.
- Fluency in English is essential. (Also speaking Mandarin would be advantageous).