Our client is the subsidiary of a multinational manufacturing company headquartered in Europe that is listed on NYSE Euronext. They are heavily invested in Asia where they have more than 2000 employees. In Indonesia they have a plant that employs more than 800 people. In addition they own a further group of companies located in Batam, that provide port management, container and cargo, warehousing and open storage rental services. The subsidiary group services include port management and operations (both container and cargo) and warehousing and storage. They also provide providing public transportation, expedition, stevedoring and rental of heavy equipments. In addition, they provide cargo services and special handling of heavy weight cargo and logistic services and special handling container cargo by Roll On Roll Off (Roro) services for Batam-Singapore-Batam projects.
Due to succession, they currently seek a President Director to join them in order to contribute, formalize and execute their strategic business plan to maximize shareholder value.
The President Director is required to lead the group of companies and ensure the successful operation of the port and its logistics subsidiaries and make sure the businesses comply with the parent group’s mission.
The President Director will also act as the official representative and manage all government relationships (Batam Authorities, Customs & Immigration office, other Industry Associations) in addition to being both the customer and community interface.
The President Director will report to the Board of Commissioners and will work in tight collaboration with the Logistics Director of the parent company to ensure successful operational alignment.
- Work with Board Members to plan and implement a short, mid-and long-term strategic plan for the company, in order to generate profit, positive cash flow, ensure competitiveness, long term development and people growth.
- Meet with Board Member and other executives to assess the direction of the company and ensure it is in line with the company’s Mission Statement
- Proposed business investment, acting as visionary and providing leadership for the company
Managing Port Operations:
- Ensuring the success of Port Operations, with unyielding spirit of Integrity, and safety.
- Anticipate changes, refining strategy as needed, build action plan and implement necessary lobbying to protect the going-concern of the Company
- Support the commercial organization, maintaining and facilitating the Customer relationship
- Oversee the complete operations of the company, to ensure its goals are met based on agreed plans, budget, manpower, etc
- Ensure key management routine following the Standard Operations
- Managing the Batam Port Office and CPPI
- Managing the Corporate Issues, and drive the compliance of the company toward IFRS/PSAK accounting systems
Employee & Culture:
- Work with BOD on continuous improvement of the Employee
- Deploy appropriate culture change to provide better quality, and customer centricity
- Finalize the integration of the company within the Group, to ensure a solid team work, communication, and coordination.
To ensure: a better long term performance of the company through the provision of effective methods and strategies, governances and high standard of compliances.
- US$ 60M annual revenue, with ~150 man power
- Managing Logistic Subsidiaries
- Operates Port
- Hierarchical to Shareholders
- Functional to: Logistic Director of Parent Company
- Subordinate positions: Other Company Directors, and Subsidiaries’ Directors
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCES:
- Solid understanding in Port and Logistic Industry.
- Having a strong financial and operational knowledge.
- Extensive networks with Indonesia Ports/Transportations/Custom/Immigration Officials.
- Hands on with managing people on the ground.
- Ability to work and build teamwork culture.
- Independent and demonstrated capacity to lead with high energy level, humble, result oriented, with solid Integrity
- University/College/Military degree in a business/related field or a combination of education and experience
- Prior Experience as Board Member and/or Port Administrator
- Experience in managing Port/fleet of vessel/big logistic company is preferred
- Fluency in both English and Bahasa Indonesian is essential.
- Based in Batam, Indonesia
- Regular trips to Jakarta & Singapore