Our Client, a leading modern retailer in Indonesia, has been established since the 1970s. They have been listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange since the 1990s. They are part of a leading Asian Retail Group and operate through multiple brands and have more than 400 stores across Indonesia. Our Client continues to develop and to consolidate its position as a market leader.
They currently seek an Operations Director to be responsible for the overall supermarket operations in terms of sales, profitability and operational costs by providing leadership and direction for Retail Operations and Business Improvement, to enable them to achieve their business objectives.
As the key member of the leadership team, he or she will participate in business strategic plan and partner with the leadership team and the Board of Directors to develop and implement strategies across the group companies. He / she should possess strong leadership, proven capability in organization building and development, sound financial management and analytical skills.
- Achieve Supermarkets PBIT and other financial targets, team development and customer service goals by ensuring Retail Operations meet their required outputs through cross-department teamwork with Merchandising, Marketing, Supply Chain and Property in the achievement of these objectives.
- Leads the strategic plan for business implementation and execution across all stores, optimize business workflow
- Act as the overall country coordinator to mobilize the supporting functions including Store Ops, Supply Chain and Commercial to ensure the right offerings
- Ensure the delivery of operational excellence, high standard of performance and maximising operations productivity by ensuring processes and business systems give Supermarket a Competitive advantage. This will be achieved through productivity, inventory and shrinkage programmes.
- Attract, engage and develop a team of leaders by promoting innovative and customer-oriented behaviour through a learning environment to meet dynamic market trends and challenges.
- Develop new retail concepts, formats and systems to grow market share and to enable all stores to deliver sales and profit targets.
- Ensure customer service standards are met across all operational areas and ensure internal customers are resourced to achieve their business objective within budget.
- Degree in Business Admin or other related discipline.
- At least 15+ years of relevant experience in managerial role.
- Demonstrate solid financial acumen in making effective business decisions
- Entrepreneurial mindset and result driven
- Independent and able to work in a fast pace environment.
- Strong initiative, drive, and strategic planning skills.
- Strong leadership, good analytical and communication skills are essential
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams and motivate employees.
- Organized, keen attention to detail and the flexibility to work with different aspects of a business.
- Jakarta, Indonesia