Managing Director, Agriculture (Feed Mill & Poultry) – Jakarta, Indonesia
Our client is a major family owned, Indonesian conglomerate with significant assets and investments in animal feed, chicken breeding, and broiler farming. The company has more than 50 years of history and can produce 80 million chicks and 30 thousand tons of feed per year. To accelerate their growth, they seek to hire a Managing Director, Agriculture to supervise the business’s daily operations, implement company policies and procedures, work closely with the board of directors to devise strategy, and implement growth. Suitable candidates are likely to have at least 20 years of relevant experience and a track record of success spanning several decades.
The Managing Director will oversee the overall performance of a business. They are responsible for supervising all daily operations, implementing company policies and procedures, and determining the impact of decisions on the company’s budget and overall profitability. Additionally, they will provide guidance and direction to the board of directors and chairperson of the company to ensure that all goals and objectives are met. They have final authority over a variety of company actions and decisions.
The Managing Director is responsible for informing and updating the CEO and board of directors on budget targets, business strategies, and industry developments, and may collaborate with them to develop and implement effective growth and expansion policies. They may create research programs, public relations strategies, and marketing campaigns to help promote the business. Additionally, they may represent the company at public events and in commercial negotiations with other businesses, suppliers, vendors, customers, and government officials.
In summary their responsibilities will include:
- Creating a corporate strategy and tracking its progress to ensure that objectives are met.
- Providing strategic advice and guidance to the board of directors and chairperson of the company.
- Creating novel concepts and strategies that are compatible with the current market and industry
- Contributing to the maintenance and improvement of the company’s performance to ensure profitability.
- Establishing company objectives and ensuring they are consistent with the board of directors’ and shareholders’ vision. Prepare the annual budget for the company and manage investments.
- Assuring the retention of trained personnel who will assist the company in accomplishing its goals and mission
- Creating a marketing and public relations strategy to increase awareness of a business’s products, services, and overall brand.
- Controlling and optimizing the use of the company’s resources
- Managing the company’s budget and resource allocation
- Developing strategic business plans to accomplish the company’s objectives
- Increasing investment in research and development to help businesses grow
- Monitoring trends and technological advancements to maintain a competitive edge.
- Interacting with clients and maintaining communication with the company’s shareholders
- Engaging in public outreach and promotional activities
- Ascertaining that the company’s policies adhere to applicable laws and regulations
- Monitoring and reporting on the company’s progress to the CEO and board of directors
- Providing strategic advice to the chairman and board members and communicating results and findings.
- Maintaining constant communication with all relevant stakeholders regarding developments of the company’s objectives.
- Managing resources, which includes recruiting, hiring, and retaining personnel.
- Creating and reporting on business plans, keeping an eye on their effectiveness and progress.
- Maintaining close relationships with all stakeholders, including the chairman and board of directors, employees, clients, key decision-makers, and external service providers.
- Conducting research and implementing new initiatives to increase revenue, reduce operating costs, and maintain competitive products while providing excellent customer service.
- Managing and reporting on the successful implementation of a marketing strategy aimed at preserving market relevance and promoting products and services to increase sales.
- Ensuring that key personnel, clients, and service providers are managed effectively.
- Maintaining a high standard of product and service quality, customer support, and service level following service level agreements and other retention strategies.
- Promoting employee wellness and adhering to labor laws and health and safety regulations to foster a diverse and positive work environment.
20 years (min) of relevant experience
Fluency in Bahasa Indonesian