Our client is the world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health. They are present in 80 countries with approximately 66,000 employees and serve more than 3.6 million customers and patients. They are globally headquartered in Europe and their operations in Singapore date back to 1911. With more than 100 years of expertise, they support their customers in diverse industries through a unique blend of products, equipment and services.
The Job Brief:
Our client is looking for a Financial Applications Management Director to join them in KL, Malaysia. The role will lead their APAC Financial Management applications development and operations across APAC and be responsible for the overall supervision of all Financial Management applications delivery teams and the oversight of operations of the Financial ERP (Oracle EBS), the Procurement platform (Coupa) and the Financial Close platform.
The role will involve high levels of Service Level Agreement management, ensuring that the systems are functioning properly, cost-efficiently and help the business run smoothly. It requires someone with strong resource management experience and the ability to interact effective with all the finance business partners and numerous other stakeholders. The role involves high levels of reporting, action planning and project management.
The role requires someone with a strong track record of delivering projects and demands in aggressive timelines and good knowledge and experience with finance and accounting operations, financial and operation control, financial close, financial planning and reporting. Experience implementing financial ERP, enterprise performance management applications is essential.
- Transforming and supporting our finance & accounting operations by identifying, proposing, managing and implementing strategic solutions, delivering them with precision
- Overall supervision of all Financial Management applications delivery teams
- Oversight of operations of the Financial ERP (Oracle EBS), the Procurement platform and the Financial Close platform
- Adherence to the respective Service Level Agreements
- Ensuring that the systems are functioning properly, cost-efficiently and help the business run smoothly
- Answering questions and providing guidance to all team projects and finance business partners
- Qualifying, assessing, quoting and ensuring the realization of demands pertaining to your respective business applications
- Managing the resources under your purview and planning the overall workload capacity planning including offshore resource augmentation activation & deactivation
- Backlog management: prioritizing and planning all activities across service requests fulfillment, demand realization and project execution
- Reporting performance, project status, risks, issues, action plan before APAC CIO and Hub IT/Finance Steering Committee
- Defining and driving the execution of the Financial Management roadmap
- Ensuring risks are identified and mitigation actions completed
- Communicating effectively and timely with business stakeholders
Candidates that have a positive attitude towards learning new skills and are eager to develop quality solutions will be highly regarded.
Key Required Skills & Experiences:
- Strong track record of delivering projects and demands in aggressive timelines
- Good knowledge and experience with finance and accounting operations, financial and operation control, financial close, financial planning and reporting
- Experience implementing financial ERP, enterprise performance management applications
- Experience dealing with and supporting shared services organisations
- Experience industrializing digital processes and delivery services
- Experience managing applications life cycle
- Experience with Oracle E- Business Suite ERP, Coupa Spend Management platform, financial reporting applications, financial close applications
- Experience working with offshore development center
Key Required Skills & Experiences:
- Manage capacity and performance of a team of functional and technical experts
- Plan and carry out professional development programs and trainings
- Set annual objectives and perform annual and half-year objectives review
- Provide guidance and guidelines to team members to deliver to the best of their abilities
- Ensure team members understand the team’s objectives and work together to achieve it
- Assist with team members' issues
- Foster a cohesive, creative, and comfortable working environment, mediating any interpersonal issues within the team