Our Client is a world leading organization with more than 150,000 professionals in 70 countries and draws together the worlds of food, agriculture, and nutrition and risk management. Their annual sales and revenue exceed US$ 130 billion. They are widely diversified and their major market segments include agriculture and food and energy and natural resources. Some of their major businesses include the trading and distribution of agricultural commodities, manufacturing and sale of livestock and feed, trading in energy, steel and transport, and the production of food ingredients. They also provide risk management and financial solutions to both their customers and their own businesses. They currently undertaking a regional EHS Transformation and accordingly seek an EHS Systems & Performance Manager APAC to provide leadership for EHS strategic leadership on EHS systems and performance across APAC where they have significant mixed-asset investments.
This position is global in scope and crosses all enterprises and will have the opportunity to positively impact the safety of more than 55,000 employees and more than 15,000 contractor employees and 346 sites.
EHS – SYSTEMS & PERFORMANCE MANAGER APAC
The purpose of the role is to provide strategic leadership in EHS Systems and Performance. Develop a learning environment where both EHS and Operations teams improve their EHS capabilities. Manage a portfolio of EHS programs. Deploy and support execution of EHS programs to comply and conform to local regulations and clearly defined EHS requirements. Provide regional analytics and reporting capability in support of global, enterprise and site teams.
The ideal candidate possesses a keen ability to build trust and respect with key stakeholders in the sub-regions, proven strong influencing and change management skills to drive aligned strategy and processes, as well as being a compelling communicator. Strong experience in leading across a diverse and regional team will be important for this candidate to be successful. Proven experience in coaching and team building is vital to this role, with keen focus on talent development and retention. Knowledge of the Company, including operations and EHS, is also important to this role.
This position reports to the EHS Regional Leader. This position will work with EHS leadership, Corporate, Operations and Business leadership, multiple peers, stakeholders and contractors to achieve the Company’s goal of ZERO harm.
CORE FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE:
20% - Strategic Leadership
· Lead the systems and performance organization to be an effective enabler to achieve Zero Harm.
· Collaborate with Business and Operations to build partnerships and effective workforce engagement.
· Facilitate regional and global stakeholder dialogue to establish the learning strategy
· Build EHS capability in the EHS and Operations teams.
· Coordinate EHS Strategy and Business Plan for the year.
30% - Learning and Development
· Provide regional oversight and governance to ensure alignment with global learning strategy
· Lead the adoption of innovative learning and assessment practices and technologies.
· Support design and deliver EHS specific training curriculum for leaders, employees and contractors.
· Participate in the business and portfolio planning processes to understand demand and plan for upcoming training needs.
- Measure and monitor progress towards closing organizational competency gaps
- Assure quality assurance for the end-to-end learning and development processes
30% - Portfolio Management and Program Deployment
· Facilitate creation of a portfolio of EHS programs from top-down and bottoms-up for the region.
· Deploys global and regional EHS programs, and implements policies and procedures
· Provides leadership and coordination for planning and execution of projects and programs utilizing industry leading knowledge of portfolio management
· Assesses effectiveness of EHS program deployment
· Provide support for implementation of regional and site-specific programs.
· Manage the EHS budget for the region.
· Facilitate the implementation of the EHS Management System.
20% - Analytics and Reporting and Continuous Improvement
· Determine the operations requirements for analytics and coordinate with the global team for timely delivery.
· Provide standard dashboards and Enablon training to measure performance and risk profiles.
· Manage documents, records, and information control processes.
· Track performance metrics and provide periodic reports to the key stakeholders.
· Support the communication strategy for the region to build the EHS brand.
· Engage externally to collaborate with industry peers to learn and share best practices.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS (REQUIRED)
· Bachelor degree or equivalent in science, engineering or EHS required
· 10+ year experience in operations, health and safety or environment health and safety
· 5+ year experience in learning and development and program deployment.
· Experience working in a complex matrix organization and multicultural environment
· Demonstrated regional acumen at all levels of the organization and an ability to build trust with leaders and establish credibility within the organization to drive change
· Strong change management skills and demonstrated experience implementing change on a large scale
· Ability and willingness to challenge key stakeholders and to gain their buy-in to support change
· Proven experience managing 3rd Party resources to deliver business results
· Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Strong interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills
· Capacity to work within a virtual, global team environment
· Ability to work in a high energy, environment where resiliency and timely turnaround of quality work is essential
· Proven creativity, problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Self-starter with ability to work independently in an ambiguous environment
· Operations experience with demonstrated EHS leadership
· Experience operating in region for this role
· EHS management system experience
· Effective communicator with excellent presentation and stakeholder management skills
· Cross-functional understanding and ability to understand the bigger picture
· Ability to coach and to communicate across hierarchical levels
· Strong influencing and change management capability
· Ability to travel up to 25/30% of time