Our Client is a world leading organization with more than 150,000 professionals in 70 countries and draws together the worlds of food, agriculture, and nutrition and risk management. Their annual sales and revenue exceed US$ 130 billion. They are widely diversified and their major market segments include agriculture and food and energy and natural resources. Some of their major businesses include the trading and distribution of agricultural commodities, manufacturing and sale of livestock and feed, trading in energy, steel and transport, and the production of food ingredients. They also provide risk management and financial solutions to both their customers and their own businesses. They currently undertaking a regional EHS Transformation and accordingly seek an EHS Strategic Growth & Enablement Manager APAC to provide leadership for EHS strategic growth and enablement across APAC where they have significant mixed-asset investments.
This position is global in scope and crosses all enterprises and will have the opportunity to positively impact the safety of more than 55,000 employees and more than 15,000 contractor employees and 346 sites.
EHS – STRATEGIC GROWTH & ENABLEMENT MANAGER APAC
The purpose of the role is to provide leadership for EHS strategic support and growth enablement. Develop a built and MADJV portfolio of projects. Deploy a compliance register for the region, update and determine applicability with the regional domain leads. Develop, deploy and implement a non-operation EHS program for commercial and functional workforce. Create a pool of outsourced contractors for peak demand and to provide specialized EHS support. Pursue emerging technology to support EHS performance and as part of continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate possesses a keen ability to build trust and respect with key stakeholders in the sub-regions, proven strong influencing and change management skills to drive aligned strategy and processes, as well as being a compelling communicator. Strong experience in leading across a diverse and regional team will be important for this candidate to be successful. Proven experience in coaching and team building is vital to this role, with keen focus on talent development and retention. Knowledge of the Company, including operations and EHS, is also important to this role.
This position reports to the EHS Regional Leader. This position will work with EHS leadership, Corporate, Operations and Business leadership, multiple peers, stakeholders and contractors to achieve the Company’s goal of ZERO harm.
CORE FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE:
40% - Built Projects and MADJV and Outsourced Contracts
· Create a register of built and MADJV projects and their EHS conformance in the PDP process
· Develop a process and execute EHS support of projects systematically to reduce waste.
· Develop and execute EHS Due Diligence with appropriate expertise.
· Develop and execute EHS Integration Plans in sync with project complexity.
· Validate EHS expertise for built projects and MADJV.
· Ensure EHS requirements in the PDP process are observed and proper signoffs are in place prior to gate reviews.
· Develop key outsourced contracts to support EHS expertise for the region.
· Manage EHS contracts in selection, planning, monitoring and evaluation.
20% - Strategic Leadership
· Lead the growth enablement organization to be an effective enabler to achieve Zero Harm.
· Collaborate with Business and Operations to build partnership and effective engagement.
· Develop a systematic approach to manage a portfolio of built and MADJV projects.
· Manage the compliance tower for the region.
· Own the contracts for regional outsourced specialized EHS expertise.
· Built a culture of bringing the outside-in of technology for EHS performance improvements.
20% - Compliance and Non-Operations EHS Programs
· Deploy a regional compliance register for H&S, Environment and Process Safety.
· Upkeep the register with applicability assessment in consultation with domain leads.
· Support the sites in execution of programs to comply to regulations.
· Develop Non-Operations EHS programs and deploy to commercial and functional workforce.
· Develop regional crisis management capability involving senior leaders.
20% - Technology and Continuous Improvement
· Identify, coordinate trials and facilitate decision making of technology adoption to enhance EHS performance.
· Champion the continuous improvement program for the region.
· Facilitate change management across all strategy transformation efforts.
· Lead organizational change to achieve desired results
· Champion the recognition program and deploy for the region.
· Support the communication strategy for the region to build the EHS brand.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS (REQUIRED)
· Bachelor degree or equivalent in science, engineering or EHS required.
· 10+ years experience in operations, health and safety or environment health and safety
· 5+ year experience in EHS support of Built and MADJV projects.
· Experience working in a complex matrix organization and multicultural environment
· Demonstrated regional acumen at all levels of the organization and an ability to build trust with leaders and establish credibility within the organization to drive change
· Strong change management skills and demonstrated experience implementing change on a large scale
· Ability and willingness to challenge key stakeholders and to gain their buy-in to support change
· Proven experience managing 3rd Party resources to deliver business results
· Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Strong interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills
· Capacity to work within a virtual, global team environment
· Ability to work in a high energy, environment where resiliency and timely turnaround of quality work is essential
· Proven creativity, problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Self-starter with ability to work independently in an ambiguous environment
· Operations experience with demonstrated EHS leadership
· Experience operating in region for this role
· EHS management system experience
· Effective communicator with excellent presentation and stakeholder management skills
· Cross-functional understanding and ability to understand the bigger picture
· Ability to coach and to communicate across hierarchical levels
· Strong influencing and change management capability
· Ability to travel up to 25/30% of time