Our Client is a world leading organization with more than 150,000 professionals in 70 countries and draws together the worlds of food, agriculture, and nutrition and risk management. Their annual sales and revenue exceed US$ 130 billion. They are widely diversified and their major market segments include agriculture and food and energy and natural resources. Some of their major businesses include the trading and distribution of agricultural commodities, manufacturing and sale of livestock and feed, trading in energy, steel and transport, and the production of food ingredients. They also provide risk management and financial solutions to both their customers and their own businesses. They currently undertaking a regional EHS Transformation and accordingly seek an EHS Regional Director APAC for the sub-region of Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines where they have significant mixed-asset investments.
This position is global in scope and crosses all enterprises and will have the opportunity to positively impact the safety of more than 55,000 employees and more than 15,000 contractor employees and 346 sites.
EHS – REGIONAL DIRECTOR APAC (TH/PH/VN)
The purpose of the role is to provide strategic EHS leadership for the sub-region. Manage risks at the sites in collaboration with Operations and Business. Ensure compliance and conformance to local and federal regulations and the company’s EHS programs. Manage change and continuous improvement as we transition to the future state and continue to evolve to a higher level of EHS maturity.
The ideal candidate possesses a keen ability to build trust and respect with the senior leaders in the sub-region where they are located, proven strong influencing and change management skills to drive aligned strategy and processes, as well as being a compelling communicator. Strong experience in leading across a diverse and regional team will be important for this candidate to be successful. Proven experience in coaching business leadership and team is vital to this role, with keen focus on talent development and retention. Knowledge of the Company, including operations and EHS, is also important to this role.
This position reports to the EHS Regional Leader. This position will work with EHS leadership, Corporate, Operations and Business leadership, multiple peers, stakeholders and contractors to achieve the Company’s goal of ZERO harm.
CORE FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE:
40% - Strategic Leadership
· Lead the sub-regional EHS organization to be an effective enabler to achieve Zero Harm.
· Collaborate with Business and Operations to build partnerships and effective workforce engagement.
· Promote a strong EHS culture through recognition programs and ‘Just Culture’.
· Coach EHS talent within the sub-region and keep a pulse on talent regionally.
· Facilitate streamlined procurement of EHS goods and services.
· Promote the EHS Policy and develop annual EHS Business Plan for the year.
· Double-hat as the enterprise Point-of-Contact for APAC for Enterprise EHS, Operations and Business Leaders.
· Coordinate enterprise specific requirements across sub regions.
30% - Risk Management
· Develop a strategic risk profile for the sub-region through identification of hazards, ranking and risk mitigation.
· Investigate all SIF reportable incidents with a competent team and recommended methodology.
· Support CAPA completion and implemented actions are validated.
· Facilitate audits to monitor progress and areas needing improvement.
· Employ contractor safety management for prompt reporting and develop a baseline for contractor incidents.
· Oversee emergency response and business continuity for operational sites.
20% - Program Deployment, Compliance and Conformance
· Participate in global program development and deploy with needed localization.
· Provide support for implementation of global and site-specific programs.
· Monitor site conformance to program KPI.
· Use the legal requirement register for H&S, Environment and PSRM to monitor compliance.
· Engage externally to collaborate with industry peers to learn and share best practices.
10% - Change Management and Continuous Improvement
· Collaborate with key stakeholders to drive change in the new organization structure.
· Communicate changes with transparency and shape the EHS brand vision.
· Create a learning environment and encourage continuous improvement.
· Build EHS capability in the EHS and Operations teams.
· Evaluate and adopt new technologies to improve EHS performance.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS (REQUIRED)
· Bachelor degree or equivalent preferably in science, engineering or EHS.
· 10+ year experience in operations, health and safety or environment health and safety
· 5+ year experience in developing, deploying and implementing environment or health & safety policies and standards
· Experience working in a complex matrix organization and multicultural environment
· Demonstrated global acumen at all levels of the organization and an ability to build trust with leaders and establish credibility within the organization to drive change
· Strong change management skills and demonstrated experience implementing change on a large scale
· Ability and willingness to challenge key stakeholders and to gain their buy-in to support change
· Proven experience managing 3rd Party resources to deliver business results
· Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Strong interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills
· Capacity to work within a virtual, global team environment
· Ability to work in a high energy, environment where resiliency and timely turnaround of quality work is essential
· Proven creativity, problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Self-starter with ability to work independently in an ambiguous environment
· Operations experience with demonstrated EHS leadership
· Experience operating in region for this role
· EHS management system experience
· Effective communicator with excellent presentation and stakeholder management skills
· Cross-functional understanding and ability to understand the bigger picture
· Ability to coach and to communicate across hierarchical levels
· Strong influencing and change management capability
· Ability to travel up to 25/30% of time
· Optional: Bangkok, or Manila