EHS COMPLIANCE LEAD
Our Client is a world leading organization with more than 150,000 professionals in 70 countries and draws together the worlds of food, agriculture, and nutrition and risk management. Their annual sales and revenue exceed US$ 130 billion. They are widely diversified and their major market segments include agriculture and food and energy and natural resources. Some of their major businesses include the trading and distribution of agricultural commodities, manufacturing and sale of livestock and feed, trading in energy, steel and transport, and the production of food ingredients. They also provide risk management and financial solutions to both their customers and their own businesses. They currently undertaking a regional EHS Transformation and accordingly seek an EHS Compliance Lead to manage the EHS regulations in various domains and drive EHS compliance across APAC. The role includes managing the Regulation Register for the region and the continual upkeep of EHS compliance assurance in each country in the territory.
Manage the EHS regulations in various domains and drive EHS compliance across APAC.
· Manage the regulation register for the various domains in APAC.
· Oversee and upkeep EHS compliance assurance across APAC sub-regions.
· Monitor compliance with regulations, Company’s requirements and permit conditions across sub-.
· Work closely with EHS cluster/sub-cluster leads and Regional Domain Leads to develop rectification programs for any non-compliant cases.
· Coordinate with regional domain leads and HS cluster leads to determine the applicability of regulations across sub-regions.
· Collaborate with EHS Cluster Leads to localize site compliance tasks templates if necessary.
· Understand and interpret the generic regulations for sub-regions in APAC.
· Update and review Compliance Task Tool in conjunction with Regional Domain Leads.
· Bachelor degree or equivalent preferably in science, engineering or EHS.
· 8+ year experience in operations, health and safety or environment health and safety
· 5+ year experience in developing, deploying and implementing environment or health & safety policies and standards
· Experience working in a complex matrix organization and multicultural environment
· Demonstrated global acumen at all levels of the organization and an ability to build trust with leaders and establish credibility within the organization to drive change
· Strong change management skills and demonstrated experience implementing change on a large scale
· Ability and willingness to challenge key stakeholders and to gain their buy-in to support change
· Proven experience managing 3rd Party resources to deliver business results
· Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Strong interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills
· Capacity to work within a virtual, global team environment
· Ability to work in a high energy, environment where resiliency and timely turnaround of quality work is essential
· Proven creativity, problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Self-starter with ability to work independently in an ambiguous environment
· Operations experience with demonstrated EHS leadership
· Experience operating in region for this role
· EHS management system experience
· Effective communicator with excellent presentation and stakeholder management skills
· Cross-functional understanding and ability to understand the bigger picture
· Ability to coach and to communicate across hierarchical levels
· Strong influencing and change management capability
· Ability to travel up to 25/30% of time
· Flexible, within APAC