Role: EHS CLUSTER LEAD – (Site Level Coverage, multiple sites, APAC)
Our Client is a world leading organization with more than 150,000 professionals in 70 countries and draws together the worlds of food, agriculture, and nutrition and risk management. Their annual sales and revenue exceed US$ 130 billion. They are widely diversified and their major market segments include agriculture and food and energy and natural resources. Some of their major businesses include the trading and distribution of agricultural commodities, manufacturing and sale of livestock and feed, trading in energy, steel and transport, and the production of food ingredients. They also provide risk management and financial solutions to both their customers and their own businesses. They currently undertaking a regional EHS Transformation and accordingly seek an EHS Cluster Lead to oversee its EHS activities and performance and to drive quality EHS coverage. This is a role that focuses on site level activities across multiple locations in APAC. It requires EHS technical expertise and the ability to work closely with both Managing Directors and Operations leads for matters of EHS maintenance and resolution.
Role purpose: To manage a group of sub-clusters across APAC to ensure EHS oversight and excellence.
· manage EHS cluster Specialists and Supervisors in assigned cluster and oversees its EHS activities and performance to provide quality EHS coverage.
· execute EHS activities to provide coverage at site level, where necessary.
· act as lead or technical expert to analyze and resolve cluster specific EHS gaps and challenges.
· work closely with business Managing Directors/Operations Leads for EHS escalation maintenance and resolution.
· support the EHS Sub-Regional lead to ensure EHS excellence in APAC.
· Work with Regional Generalist Capability teams to ensure comprehensive EHS support for site and non-site operations within the cluster and to drive continuous Improvement in EHS capability.
· coordinate with Regional Domain Leads to update EHS country regulations and implications.
· support EHS Learning and Development team to deliver learning programs.
· provide reporting to DHS sub-regional lead on EHS performance of the cluster.
· Bachelor degree or equivalent preferably in science, engineering or EHS.
· 8+ year experience in operations, health and safety or environment health and safety
· 5+ year experience in developing, deploying and implementing environment or health & safety policies and standards
· Experience working in a complex matrix organization and multicultural environment
· Demonstrated global acumen at all levels of the organization and an ability to build trust with leaders and establish credibility within the organization to drive change
· Strong change management skills and demonstrated experience implementing change on a large scale
· Ability and willingness to challenge key stakeholders and to gain their buy-in to support change
· Proven experience managing 3rd Party resources to deliver business results
· Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Strong interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills
· Capacity to work within a virtual, global team environment
· Ability to work in a high energy, environment where resiliency and timely turnaround of quality work is essential
· Proven creativity, problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Self-starter with ability to work independently in an ambiguous environment
· Operations experience with demonstrated EHS leadership
· Experience operating in region for this role
· EHS management system experience
· Effective communicator with excellent presentation and stakeholder management skills
· Cross-functional understanding and ability to understand the bigger picture
· Ability to coach and to communicate across hierarchical levels
· Strong influencing and change management capability
· Ability to travel up to 25/30% of time
· Flexible, within APAC