Our client is the world’s leading commercial real estate services firm with offices located around the globe, advising on more commercial property than any other adviser. The company’s core services include property sales, leasing and management, facilities and project management, investment management and research and consulting.
As an equal opportunities employer their employees enjoy the flexibility of working in a global real estate and property services organization with tremendous scale. Every day you are empowered to be better, and this is achieved through the platform and resources you have access to and the ability to work in an inclusive and a collaborative environment where you will be challenged to grow and be your best.
Their Brokerage division (Commercial Leasing) is looking for a highly motivated broker to join their high-performing team based in Tokyo, Japan as Director, Office Leasing.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients, owners, developers, and tenants ensuring client care programs are implemented
- Generating business in leasing and selling properties on behalf of landlords and tenants
- Recognizing client needs and expectations and responding to these efficiently and professionally
- Conduct site inspections to assess viability and potential for selling and leasing
- Continuously source business through networking, organizing marketing, and preparing pitch proposals
- Building a solid track record in your market hitting revenue targets and leading from the front
- Preferably with experience connecting with government authorities and familiar with their policies will be an advantage.
To be successful in this role you will ideally have:
- 10 years of experience in real estate sales and leasing with knowledge of the Asian marketplace
- Ideally with either prior experience of working in Japan or a strong affinity and desire to do so
- Experience in brokering real estate in office/commercial is essential
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate preferred
- Candidate must possess / able to possess a real estate license in a short time frame
- Demonstrated experience in effective negotiation skills
- Excellent client relationship management skills
- Superior organizational skills - ability to manage multiple projects and teams
- A strong work ethic, and willingness to work hard and cohesively in a team
- Intermediate to advanced level in core Microsoft packages – Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Enthusiasm and commitment to complete transactions and provide high levels of service to clients
This role is open to both Japanese and non-Japanese candidates. Our client is willing to relocate candidates from elsewhere in Asia. Candidates with a strong connection to Japan, its language and culture are encouraged to apply.