Our Client produces and sells a comprehensive portfolio of connectivity and networking products into a variety of markets, including industrial, enterprise, and broadcast. These include cables, connectors, switches, routers, racks and a variety of other products. Their customers across all their brands can rely on what they build to outperform and outlast in the most demanding conditions, and know that they will support them with uncompromising and responsive service.
Due to expansion they currently seek an Account Manager for their Industrial Cables division to successfully drive profitable growth for their Industrial Cables business in Singapore via existing account relationship management and the creation and closure of new business development opportunities.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Quantify, prioritize and develop new accounts in the defined market(s) in the region, driving market penetration, new business growth and share of wallet.
- Manage existing account relationships in the market(s). Identify opportunities to grow revenue in existing accounts. Maximise share of wallet and customer satisfaction through deployment of robust Account Plans.
- Create and build value-adding relationships with key influencers and decision makers within Target Accounts. Identify opportunities and stimulate initiatives to strengthen the relationship with key influencers and decision makers.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting as required by the business. This will include reporting on funnel opportunity management, revenue forecasts, Account Plans, progress on initiatives and status of relationships.
- Identify the key influencing companies in the end user supply chain and create opportunities to establish relationships with those identified. Co-ordinate with Channel Sales to extend influence and control through the value chain.
- In co-operation with Vertical Marketing and Product Marketing demonstrate solid knowledge and understanding of the vertical market(s) and the target customers, keeping aware of key players, trends, and competitor activity.
- Working closely with Marketing team, successfully define customer and vertical market propositions that add quantifiable value for the customer.
- Actively contribute to building distributed business knowledge about the vertical market(s) and specific accounts. Share intelligence across different teams within Belden.
- Provide fact based input to Vertical Marketing and the Business Platforms to help specify new customer requirements.
- Co-ordinate with the AE team to ensure the customer receives the appropriate level of technical expertise and adequate support.
- Co-operate across the region and the Global platform to share intelligence, knowledge, best practices and to deliver a coordinated approach to multinational target accounts.
- Educated at least to degree level in a relevant field – Engineering or other technical field and/or Business (marketing, administration, economics) or possess a track record in professional career relevant to accountabilities of the role
- 5 year experience in S&M experience for industrial cable (C&I, fire resistant fiber)
- Proven track record within a sales role in vertical markets like smart building, transportation, process automation, oil & gas. Etc)
- Demonstrate successful track record of managing projects and initiatives
- Experience of using standard business reporting tools and reporting on key metrics
- Experience of managing accounts in a structured methodology including account plan reviews.
- Working experience of Miller Heiman methodology advantageous
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively with the relevant Belden portfolio – technical expertise not required but an appreciation and ability to understand product applications is essential
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Experience of working within an international environment advantageous
- Ability to travel in order to fulfill the duties of the role essential
Behavioral & Leadership Competencies:
- Able to deal with complex commercial issues quickly and easily
- Results driven and solutions orientated
- Mature and credible
· Business fluency in English is essential; in addition Mandarin would be advantageous.